Monday, May 25, 2009

Towel Day 2009

This is the second Towel Day we have celebrated in honor of Douglas Adams, here at L'Astronave. This year all my friends are at the lake for Memorial Day while I'm sitting here at the computer working on Slovakia. At any rate, I'm sitting here at the computer.
Since I can't round anybody up to pose in a towel, I had to turn to my favorite standby...



"Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy... and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."
--Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (H2G2)

Captain Kirk isn't exactly a hitchhiker, but he does know what to do with a towel.


Kirk nicely matches this Douglas Adams quote too:
"If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now."

And this one.
"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."

And, "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." Kirk clearly demonstrates you need ham too.

Read more Douglas Adams quotes.
Make your own posters at Parody Motivator Generator.
(Top photo from "The Enemy Within"; bottom photo from "The Corbomite Maneuver.")

2 comments:

deanna said...

I like your current sidebar. The Gertrude Stein quote is great. And all the towel shots, well, they're you. :o)

Fresca said...

Hi, Deanna!
I was thinking the same thing, that this is very me. I'm so predictable.